Helping has always been a part of my way of life. Growing up on Salt Spring Island helping other kids was something that just came naturally to me. English, Scottish, Welsh, and St’at’imc ancestry informed my openness to others. Later in life I worked in several fields including the Canadian Army, BC Forest Service Unit Crew, provincial government, high-school, and hospital mental health outpatient. I traveled across Canada including most provinces and had not just a few adventures, vicissitudes, and wounders along the way. These experiences deepen my appreciation for different walks of life and inform the intuitive and supportive aspects of my practice. Being with people sharing their lives and helping them find their way through to happiness is a great honour. I can’t wait to meet you!
San Josef Bay, Cape Scott, Vancouver Island
Are you ready to take the first step?
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors – Registered Clinical Counsellor
- BC College of Social Workers – Registered Clinical Social Worker
- BC College of Teachers — Formerly Registered Teacher (History & Social Sciences)
- First Nations Health Authority – Registered Counsellor
- Crime Victim Assistance Program – Registered Counsellor
- ICBC — Registered Vendor
Professional Training & Education
- High-School Diploma — Brentwood College School 1992
- BA in History and Psychology – University of Victoria 1997
- MA in Indigenous-Legal History – University of Northern BC 2000
- MSW in Clinical Social Work – Wilfrid Laurier University 2005
- B.Ed with teachables in History and Social Sciences – University of Toronto 2015
- EMDR – Eye Movement, Desentization, and Reprocessing Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Person-Centered Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
Work With Me
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.